Friday, July 08, 2011

"Villa Madonna"

Villa Madonna

"Villa Madonna"
© David A. Ziser

I  believe this title translates as “Country House of the My Lady” which is the feel I get from this image.  This photograph was made a few months ago at a beautiful mansion in Florida.  The setting was that of a European country home and our subject filled the bill as the lady of the house. 

Compositionally the interesting fact is that the location I used for this image was nothing spectacular. It was the stairwell to the second floor of the home – nothing special, just a stairway.

I think the image comes together because of the flow of lines across the image, the textures, and the contrasting colors of the surrounds and the painting in the background.  I simply positioned my subject in the bottom left quadrant of the scene, added the light and shot away.

The lighting on the subject’s face was from my Z-Ray flashlight.  Look how the narrow cone of light from the Z-Ray sculpts the features of her face so beautifully.  The backlighting was created by the light fixture on the wall.  I simply positioned the subject in front of the fixture.  The light falloff from the lamp fixture gave a nice accent lighting to the background of the image.

This image is more an exercise of lighting and composition but I really like how all the elements came together.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 20mm, F5.5 @ 1/20 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  We head south to Lexington, KY tomorrow for three days filled with inspiring and informative programs with some exciting and creative trainers.  I hope to see many of you there . Come join us in Lexington for the PhotoPro Network Summer School!!  It’s going to be a blast. 

Have a great weekend,  David

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a CTO gelled strobe in the top-right corner, under the second arch, would have balanced the frame even more. What do you think?
    Enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete