Friday, July 15, 2011

"Fantasy Island"

Fantasy Island-0894_CaboZ08-IMG_5122

"Fantasy Island"
© David A. Ziser

This weekend I’m leaving you with one of my 30,000 feet abstracts.  As I looked at this image that was the first title that popped into my head. The image was captured as we were flying back from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico a few years ago.  Our flight took us over Mexico’s interior. 

No aisle seat for me – I want the window seat all the time!  With camera in hand I am always ready to go.  I can sit for the duration of most flights and just enjoy shooting out the window.  Who knows – simple minds, simple pleasures ;~)

Sure, I juiced the color and contrasts of the scene to obtain the result I have presented above and I really like the image.  It’s always that mist between the mountains that excites me.  The scene looks almost prehistoric, hence the title.

Another thing I enjoy about this image are the very subtle tonalities you see as the mountains recede away from the foreground.  I think this image looks equally as pleasing in B&W too.  Hit the “Read more…” link below to check it out in B&W.  My preference is still for the color image above.  What do you think?

Camera specs: Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 110mm, F13 @ 1/640 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

Here is the B&W image with a slightly different crop.

Fantasy Island BW --0894_CaboZ08-IMG_5122

4 comments:

  1. I must agree the color is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monochromatic blue tone of the color works for me. In a print I may prefer black and white as subtle tones of grey always shine on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photograph David and a great title which suits it perfectly. It almost looks like it is 2 or 3 images sat on top of each other. I like the blue version best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete