Thursday, January 14, 2010

"On Top Of The World"

On Top Of The World

"On Top Of The World"
©David A. Ziser

I posted this image quite a while ago but am revisiting it again today complete with back-story and EXIF data.  I forget exactly where I made the shot, but it was somewhere on the West Coast near La Jolla - I believe Torrey Pines.  Wow, what a great location.  The geography, the sea and sky, the moon-like setting all combined for an exciting place to shoot.  I had originally positioned the bride and groom up on one of the ridges but the wind was so strong, it looked like both of them were going to be blown away.  To solve the problem, I asked both to work their way, with the help of my assistant, into the valley.  The wind was substantially reduced where they were positioned so the shot was much more manageable.  I had my assistant get behind the couple with his flash on FULL power - it was triggered with my on camera transmitter. I adjusted the camera to the best setting to capture the setting sun on the horizon and still pick up detail in the surrounds.  To bad we didn't have digital back then.  Shooting RAW and working the HDR angle could have been pretty cool.  Anyway, the shot is still one of my favorites. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500CM fitted with 30mm Distagon fisheye, F8.0 @ 1/500 second, Kodak Vericolor 400 film. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. How did you keep your feet out of the image? Cloned? Cropped? Levitation?

    ReplyDelete