Friday, January 22, 2010

"Three Generations, One Rite Of Passage"

Three Gererations, One Rite Of Passage
"Three Generations, One Rite Of Passage"
©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made from yesterday's "temple" shoot. Grandfather, father, and son all together for this photograph.  Our young Bar Mitzvah was running through his Torah reading and I didn't want to interrupt.  I backed up considerably from the three of them, and zoomed in tight for this shot.  I was trying something different yesterday.  The Rabbi had to leave in just a few minutes so we were shooting at about "a mile a minute." Just to avoid any lens changes, I placed 18-200mm IS lens on my Canon 7D.  Boy, this that make the shooting fun and fast considering our time constraints.  As the three gentlemen were rehearsing, I could get about 50 feet away, zoom in close and get a great candid shot. My Quantum flash was coming in from camera right shooting through my Zumbrella to give me the nice dimensional light on the scene. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F6.3 @ 1/60 second, ISO 1000. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Nice! (But note, it is a "rite" of passage).

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much blogging, too little time. The "Rush" to post made me do it." -David

    ReplyDelete