Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"The Eiffel"

The Eiffel - 2223_France Z07

"The Eiffel"
©David A. Ziser

Here is one of the last images I posted very early on at DigitalProTalk without the back-story or EXIF data.  The image was made on a trip to Paris, France about 3 years ago.  We had just finished visiting The Louvre and planned to walk over to the Eiffel Tower just a few miles away.  We got a late start so when we arrived at the Eiffel Tower it was quite dark.  I have to say the view looking up at the Eiffel Tower was quite impressive. Interestingly enough, here in Cincinnati, Ohio we have an amusement park, Kings Island, which features a 1/3 replica of the Eiffel Tower.  Seeing The Eiffel Tower in person was quite the experience.  I was armed with My Canon 5D fitted with my 12-24mm Sigma.  I stood directly under the iron latticed tower and pointed my camera upward.  The view with the wide angle lens was amazing - offering a completely different way of viewing this historic landmark. Camera Specs; Canon 5D fitted with 12-24mm Sigma At 12mm, F4.5 @ 1/6 second (handheld) ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Nice snap. Love the warm yellow lights against the cobalt blue sky. The perspective gives terrific curved leading lines. You must have a very expensive camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David - Great shot and I'm jealous. I had a full day planned to shoot the Eiffel Tower (and other things), but my trip was interuppted by the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the WTC and I haven't made it there yet .

    ReplyDelete