Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Technique Tuesday: High Flying Party Photography

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Blue Screen 2 Well, the “Bear” almost got me today.  We had a not so minor computer “hic-cup”  here this morning.  Nothing big, just that the computer didn’t want to re-boot – even after 5 tries.  I WAS a little worried and then set forth pulling out all the USB drives and reconnecting them one at a time till I found the problem.  The problem was eventually solved but at the expense of this very late post.

Anyway, yesterday finally wrapped our KPPA Convention.  That means we can get things back to normal at my studio. That is besides the unexpected computer crashes. UGH!  Conventions are great fun and it's good to catch up with friends you only see a few times a year. Now it’s time to get settled back into the real world of David Ziser Photography.

OK, time to get on with the show.

What A Steal Of A Deal!

One quick note about yesterday's post.  I mentioned that Michael operates one of the premier photography studios in the country.  Seeing him give his program yesterday reminded me of why he is so successful.  As Michael said yesterday, "I'm a business man who happens to be a photographer." 

Redford Items Michael has several educational resources [link] that could benefit any studio business building strategies. You have to navigate through a few links, but his resources are worth a look.  I just called Michael and he has agreed to offer all readers of DigitalProTalk a 50% discount on any of his Collections and a 25% discount on any single title. Now that's a great deal!  You don’t want to miss this new year bargain. Just be sure to mention my name or that you read it at DPT.

Update On My Canon 50D That's For Sale

Canon 50D Body Only Last Wednesday I mentioned that I was putting my hardly used, about 5 weddings worth, up for sale [link].  The top bid to date is $875.  I'll keep the bids open till Friday and announce the lucky winner next Monday.

Hey Gang, What Time Is It? It's Technique Tuesday Time!!!  Here we go...

High Flying Party Photography

I'm always looking to create images that neither clients nor, photographers for that matter, see very often.  I want my images to grab the viewer's attention immediately.

One way to grab the viewer's attention is with a dramatic change of "camera position". A shot taken from overhead fills the bill. We've all seen those overhead shots from the Goodyear blimp taken during a professional football game.  But, to see them taken at a wedding or Bar Mitzvah is quite the treat.

So how can we capture those kinds of images at a party.  Let me show you my very easy "Pole-Cam" technique that produces images that are both fun to take and excitingly different to view. 

As a bonus with today’s lesson, I’m throwing in a bit of multi-lighting reception coverage too. Enjoy!

I think you'll get a kick out of this week's "High Flying Party Photography" tutorial.

Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  It's back to real work for me these next several days.  Have a great one and I'll see you tomorrow for another episode of PhotoFAVS Wednesday: "In Camera Noise Reduction."

See ya' then,  David

p.s. Because of the late post today, look for tomorrow’s post to hit tomorrow afternoon about 3:00 P.M. EST.  -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David!

    The Yongnuo Wireless remote control RF-602 (Cost $30) will help you in this shot.

    ReplyDelete