Friday, January 15, 2010

"Extreme Racer"

 

Extreme Skier

"Extreme Racer"
©David A. Ziser

OK, I'm posting this image just for fun today. A few years ago I was hired to photograph a Bar Mitzvah for one of my favorite clients.  The theme was the Winter Olympics.  As I mention later in today's post, I have that same assignment next week for another client - actually the cousin of the young boy featured in this shot. I needed to create 8 - 4x8 foot banners to display at the Bar Mitzvah Party Saturday evening. The challenge this time around was that we couldn't go to Vancouver to get the images as we did 4 years ago.    The only problem we had then was that we had horrible weather and little time to shoot.  Take a look at the "skier" - the Bar Mitzvah boy - in this shot. Is he really flying off the cliff?  Not really. Look again. He had just fallen in the snow and was actually getting back up into a standing.  As he maneuvered his way back to a standing position, I took several photographs.  This intermediate position closely corresponds to the body position of an extreme skier flying off a cliff.  A trip to iStockPhoto.com for the cliff shot and a little Photoshop and "Presto", I have my extreme skier shot. Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with a Tamron 24-135mm lens at 80mm, F7.1 @ 1/250 second, ISO 400. 

Enjoy!  -David

5 comments:

  1. I hope you haven't printed this banner yet! I think you're looking for "highest ascent" not "highest accent"!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thunk it. great creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever! :)

    Balliolman,
    England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll also be looking for fastest "Descent"... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to kb and Mike for correcting my spelling test ;~)
    -David

    ReplyDelete