Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Man Of The Year"

Man Of The Year

"Man Of The Year"
©David A. Ziser

Here is one more image from my film days.  I remember walking into this location and being so intrigued by the architectural features, particularly the ceiling lines.  They seemed to offer the perfect "compositional pointers" for my shot. The previous sentence gives you some insight as to how I create a shot.  I survey the surrounds first, see where the lines lead, and then place my subject into the the image where all the lines seem to intersect. You can easily see that in this image. All the ceiling lines and even the banister all lead directly to the groom.  He is positioned in the bottom right quadrant of the image, and presto, we've got a pretty strong portrait. Lighting is coming in from camera left - a Metz CT-1 triggered with Quantum radio system. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500CM fitted with 40mm Distagon lens, F5.6 @ 1/125 second, Kodak Vericolor 400 film.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David, long time follower of your posts. Love this picture, except for the light from the window behind the subject which I feel draws some of the attention. Could you have used the drapes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya this is one of my favorite images you have made David. What comes to mind when I look at this image is the song by the Black Eyed Peas, BOOM BOOM POW!

    Very Nice Classic image. I have to say you are one of the few photographers I see these that preserves the compositional lines and values in a more traditional and classic style. Which I like a lot:) Wedding photographers need to more skills like these.

    ReplyDelete