Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"Nuuanu Pali Lookout"

Hawaii Peak

"Nuuanu Pali Lookout"
©David A. Ziser

This image was captured at the windiest peak in Oahu a few months ago, Nuuanu Pali Lookout.  I was there with my kids years ago and we nearly got blown off the mountain.  I wanted to send my daughter a picture of the same spot we stood on years ago.  Sure, I had the big gear with me, but my iPhone made it easier to transfer the shot to her.  I was surprised by the image I obtained.  The lighting, colors and topography of the scene made for a great image. Don't get the wrong idea here - iPhone photos are not the norm here at DPT, but, you know what - a good image is a good image - even if you can't enlarge it much past a 4x6 ;~) Camera specs: Apple iPhone, 3.9mm lens, F2.8, Shutter speed unknown, ISO 70. Enjoy!  -David

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on this. You can get some good images depending on your phone. I just downloaded images from my new phone to the computer and was very impressed compared to my last phone. And sure enough the content alone is what makes it the perfect picture for what you wanted to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a great tip: You leave your finger on the cmera button to take a picture and when your ready remove your finger and photo takes. As long as I've had the iphone I just learned that one. Great Iphoto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visited Pali Lookout back in 1987. The wind was unbelievable and cold but such a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing.

    Dwight Hayes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some more Iphone photography http://iphoneographybyfrance.posterous.com/more-scenes-from-the-coastiphoneography Not as sharp as yours but interesting.

    Pali is cool I've been there - what was the story, they sacrificed someone and the wind blew them back up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a trend - how long before the first wedding "pro" (craiglister) offers to do weddings with an iPhone?

    Between this post and PSUTV fawning over Chris Jarvis, the iPhone has gotten a lot of "street cred" lately as a photographic tool.

    But hey, at least its better than a Holga, Diana, and similar cams.

    ReplyDelete