Saturday, October 26, 2013

“Spectacular Grandeur”

0049_Vienna-DZ2_4273

”Spectacular Grandeur
©David A. Ziser

I captured this image on the last day of our visit to Vienna, Austria.  Austria is quickly becoming one of our favorite stops on our travels this year. The grand mountain vistas, beautiful and historic cities, and sumptuous architecture makes LaDawn and I both look forward to a return visit to this part of the world.

This image speaks to the sumptuous architecture referenced above.  This image was captured at the entrance to the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna’s Museum of Fine Art.  As you can see, it is simply a stunning view.  The museum was built by the Habsburgs, the ruling monarchy at the time.  The Habsburgs needed a place built Kunsthistorisches Museum to house their art collection.  As no expense was spared during the construction process, we now have, in one of my opinion , one of the most spectacular buildings in the world to visit.

Compositionally, I like the really wide perspective I gave this image with my super wide Sigma 12-24mm lens.  The 122 degree field of view of this lens certainly lets you “take it all in”.  I also made no attempt to correct the super wide perspective.  I feel it’s the wide angle perspective that lends to the sense of awe one feels viewing this image.

Postproduction in Lightroom 5 gave the image it’s almost HDR look. I increased Vibrance and Clarity, and reduced Highlights to get to my final result.  Hope you like it.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Sigma 12 – 24 mm lens lens at 12mm, F4.5 at 1/30 second, ISO 6400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment