Saturday, October 12, 2013

”Christmas Bells In the Morning”

Christmas Bells In The Morning”Christmas Bells In the Morning
©David A. Ziser

I love this photograph! Many of us have seen Christmas cards and movies with nearly the same scene at Christmas time.  Here I am now looking at that same scene right outside my hotel/condo window.  It’s so cool to see this incredible scene in person.

The snow had been falling all through the night, Thursday night into Friday morning.  We awoke to a snow covered landscape.  I couldn’t wait for the light to be bright enough to begin taking photographs.

Finally about 6:00 a.m. it was just bright enough to make an exposure albeit with a very high ISO.  I made the photograph anyway.  The fact that the lights were still illuminating the local church is what really makes this image.  In a few more minutes the lights were switched off by their automatic timers – I had just captured the photograph moments before the opportunity vanished right before my eyes.

The image received very little tweaking in Lightroom 5 other that juicing the Vibrancy a bit and removing a small amount of  high ISO noise.  Otherwise this is exactly how the image presented itself to me Friday morning flooding my mind with wonderful Christmas memories.

Camera specs: Taken with my Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm VC lens at 168mm, 1/125 second, F5.6, ISO 12,500 . Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Great image. The lighting on the church creates a wonderful focus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful image. The lighting on the church helps create a wonderful mood for a christmas type scene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, this is something inspiring to any photographer like me. I think creative vision is key to successful photography. Above pictures are truly amazing and tips are pretty useful as well. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete