Friday, October 18, 2013

“A Man’s Home Is His Castle”

0032_Castles-DAZ_1689

”A Man’s Home Is His Castle
©David A. Ziser

King Ludwig II of Germany past sure knew how to build them!  This view of Neuschwannstein Castle, the castle that inspired Sleeping Beauty’s castle in Disneyland, was taken from the Marien Bridge – see post below.  LaDawn and I had the pleasure of taking a guided tour through this amazing palace.The castle  can be seen from miles around and truly makes an impressive site from just about anywhere.

I made this image as an extended range photograph without trying to blow the colors out too much.  I like the balance I achieved. I composed the image with the nearest village showing in the distance which I think is representative to the meaning of what castles and more importantly their Kings represented to the countryside so many years ago.

The late afternoon lighting was just about perfect for the image.  All I had to do was was tweak some of the densities in Lightroom 5 to complete the image.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with my Tamron 28-300mm VC lens at 35mm, 1/125 second at F10, ISO 125. . Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful picture, David, brings back great memories! Just to be clear: Ludwig II was king of Bavaria, not Germany.

    ReplyDelete