Monday, September 12, 2011

"Pretty In Pink"

Pretty In Pink

"Pretty In Pink"
© David A. Ziser

Here is one of the banners I’ve been working on the last two days.   I used Fotolia.com, my favorite choice for stock images, and found the image of the roses.  Theme colors for the party are black and pink.

It was a simple matter to extract our subject and the roses in Photoshop, especially after watching the three tutorials I linked to  in the next post. A few tweaks here and there and I had it.  I’m planning an in-depth Technique Tuesday on the entire process in the near future.

The image was taken in exactly the way I outlined in last week’s Technique Tuesday post entitled, Make Any Location Your Personal Studio!”  [link]. 

Lighting was simple – my strobe on 1/4 power in “bare bulb” mode shooting through my Zumbrella.  The “bare bulb” mode allows a lot of light to splash around the room creating it’s own “fill light” on the scene.

In order to raise the key of the warm beige color background walls, and make them appear as white, a second radio triggered shoe mount strobe in manual mode and at 1/4 power was placed behind Hannah with the wide angle diffuser in place. That made it fairly easy for me to extract Hannah from the scene.  Adding the flowers as an accent finished Banner 1 of 8 for this project.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS les at 60mm, F8.0 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment