Tuesday, February 15, 2011

”A Classic Beauty”

Classic Beauty

”A Classic Beauty”
©David A. Ziser

If you follow this blog regularly you know I'm a fan of classic lighting and posing.  That isn't to say that I don't like the gorgeous fashion images and some of the new exciting wedding images I see photographers producing - I love them too.  But you know what, there is still something that I see as refreshing when I see a classic portrait. 

The simplicity of the pose, the easy expression, the soft directional lighting - this is how the Renaissance Masters painted their subjects, who were of course, the royalty of the day.  I see my brides as royalty too when they step before my lens and I want to treat them as royalty as well on their very special day.

This is a beautiful portrait of this young lady in a profile view, a view of the face not frequently photographed by today’s modern photographers.  Just look at the image more closely.  Doesn't it draw you into the image?  Look at her beautiful eyes, her creamy complexion, her soft expression.  Look at how the light wraps around her facial features presenting her persona elegantly to the viewer. 

That's what's cool about a profile view - it's a portrait study, an image that presents itself for our visual edification and enjoyment.  You know, when we shoot a wedding, we are not just shooting for the wedding couple.  We are also shooting for other sets of clients - the parents and grandparents of the couple as well.  This type of image especially sings to that client.

Camera specs:  Fuji FinePix S-1 Pro fitted with a Tamron 24-105 F2.8 lens at 50mm, F9.5 @ 1/90 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment