Thursday, December 23, 2010

“Spaceport Alpha”

Spaceport Alpha

"Spaceport Alpha"
©David A. Ziser

This is another image I made while in Cabo a few weeks ago. It was during one of our photo walks that I spotted this very interesting structure crossing the residential street on which we were walking.

Compositionally, I was thinking "wide angle" all the way. I was only carrying the Fuji HS10 but on the short side of the zoom I was still able to get the full frame equivalent of a 24mm lens - pretty darn wide. I framed up the shot two ways - the first with the outcropping of buildings in the distance, and the second without the buildings. I decided I liked the building in the composition.

The image reminds me of some kind of futuristic spaceport - hence, the title. If I was in the spaceship I think I would be relieved that we were close to landing. Metaphorically, the buildings in the distance give that indication for the composition.

OK, you must be thinking I've had just a bit too much of the Christmas cheer thinking spaceships and all. It must go back to my interest in science fiction as a kid - those sci-fi images must still linger somewhere in my brain which is why I saw the image in this context. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Camera specs: Fuji HS10 with 4.2-120mm lens at 4.2mm (24mm – 35mm FF equiv), F5.6 @ 1/5500 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment