Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"Cabo Smiles"

Cabo Smiles 2DAZ and LD PicsIMG_4064

"Cabo Smiles"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of the portraits I made during Saturday's shoot. The lighting is just a little softer than I normally like but I think it fits this easy portrait of our beautiful young lady.

The location and backdrop offer a nice setting for the portrait as well. Because of the limited space we were working in, I asked her for an easy pose and just standing comfortably with her hands on her hips and a soft smile.

My lighting was coming from camera right bouncing off our silver Grand Caravan which was parked there for just that purpose. A long lens and wide aperture gave me the look I desired for this portrait location. Check out today's tutorial below for the entire story on how this and many other portraits were captured.

Camera spec: Canon 7D fitted with Canon 100mm F2.8 IS Macro lens, F2.8 @ 1/500 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Good deed. Bride! lol. Good scouting for a location, there is always a place if you look hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,
    Thanks so much for posting the digital painting webinar info. I was thrilled when I saw it! We had a great turnout and the students want to know when the next webinar is. I mentioned your great seminars and said that one of the many things I learned from you was to put a bride in a beautiful setting! Frankly, I see too many ugly wedding photos these days... You always stress finding the beauty in a scene and I appreciate that.
    Thanks once again!
    Melissa Gallo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno. Just not digging the "tea pot" pose these days. I keep wondering what Monte Zucker (and Rick Ferro) would say about that hand like that. Tough to know what to do with a woman's hands and arms. I need to go back and look at more of Monte's work, and his book. Love the face and the expression. I just find her arm and especially her hand to be too distracting. Maybe close up those fingers? Still have the "tea pot" arm, though.

    ReplyDelete