Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Artist In Residence"

 Artist In Residence

"Artist In Residence"


©David A. Ziser

While in Cabo a few weeks ago, we took a drive to Todos Santos to spend the day.  Todos Santos has a thriving artist’s community and it’s always fun to stroll the small shops and galleries.

This shop is near Hotel California and is always full of eclectic and interesting items.  On the way out, I noticed this beautiful lady standing by the door of her shop.  We struck up a conversation – luckily she spoke a small amount of English.

Her striking appearance was perfect for a photograph.  I asked and she obliged.  The challenge is to work quickly so as to not impose on my subject and still capture a good photograph.  I knew I had great natural light coming in from camera right from the open door.  I asked her to turn her head just a bit to catch the light giving me that very flattering loop lighting (almost Rembrandt lighting) pattern on her face.

Next I selected a camera position that framed her up perfectly against the background of rich colors. The four areas of rich, vibrant colors frame her wonderfully for this image. Also, the fact that she is dressed in mostly dark attire, she just pops out from the colorful scene. I showed her the LCD on the camera and she was quite pleased. I liked how it came out too.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 50mm, F5.0 @ 1/80 second, ISO 2500.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment