Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Just An Easy Afternoon"

Just An Easy Afternoon "Just An Easy Afternoon"
©David A. Ziser

Sometimes I think it’s fun to explore my old digital archives.  I decided to do that for today’s post.  I actually have every one of my digital images I’ve ever photographed going back almost 11 years sitting on one very large drive that I can easily access.

This image is taken from my very first digitally photographed wedding on December 30, 2000.  Needless to say, I was a bit nervous about capturing the images. But by staying alert to proper exposure, even while shooting in JPEG made, resulted in some beautiful images.

This image was taken at the bride’s home just a few minutes before we headed to the church.  We were still in the middle of the holiday season and the client’s home was beautifully decorated. And, as they say in that old Christmas song, “The weather outside was frightful…” with the snow really coming down heavily.

Not much of that comes across in the beautiful available light image of the bride just relaxing on her parent’s sofa. What comes across is the fact that this is a beautiful bride pretty darn relaxed just moments before she is to get married.

I had tried to crop the lamp off on the left but preferred not thus keeping the bride in the center of the frame. I actually think the lamp offers a nice counter-balance to the wall decor in this composition.

I also like all the vertical, horizontal, and diagonal lines playing off each other in the portrait.  The result is a very simple, softly lit, pleasing casual bridal portrait of our beautiful bride.

Camera specs: Fuji S-1 Pro fitted with 28-105mm F2.8 Tamron lens at 60mm. F4.0 @ 1/60 second, ISO 320.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment