Monday, January 12, 2009

"Having A Great Time"

"Having A Great Time"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image at a wedding earlier this year and it's still one of my favorites. My assistant was holding my red gelled flash behind the dancers, pointing at the floor and out of range from my camera. The gelled flash really added to the a touch of pizazz to the party candid with its red color closing matching the bridesmaid's dresses and the color theme of the wedding celebration. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 10mm, F 5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea that I also used at a wedding during the first dance.
    My wife held the flash on the end of a monopod above the couple just out of shot so that the red light came down from above, the result was brilliant, and I only used red sweet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I tried this once at wedding but did not get the saturated red colors like you have in your images. Did you bump this up in photoshop? If not what brand gel are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello David,

    What front light do you used to light them? My guess would be a zoomed on-camera flash directly towards them?

    ReplyDelete