Friday, January 16, 2009

"Having An Easy Afternoon"

"Having An Easy Afternoon"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image with the new Canon 1D Mark III at the time. I saw 3 things in the scene that I thought would make the image work. 1- Pillars - pillars are always a good thing when it comes to backgrounds and props. 2 - The sun which would act as a backlight for me if I positioned the bride just right. 3 - A beautiful soft direction of light coming in from the left (bride's right). It was subtle, but gave a nice roundness and dimension to the bride's facial features and figure. All combined, we get a very beautiful, well illuminated bridal portrait. Camera specs; Canon 1D Mark III fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 160mm, F5.6 @ 1/250 second, ISO 800.
Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Can you explain why you shot at ISO 800 when you're shutter speed was 1/250? Is there a reason why you wouldn't choose a lower ISO and shutter speed for a static photo?
    Thanks,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome lighting and lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shot! BRAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also would like to hear an answer for iamagoo's question.

    Thanks,

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete