Monday, January 19, 2009

"Happy Day"

"Happy Day"
©David A. Ziser


Even though this image was in created in 2002, I have always loved this image. Yes, B&W with selective color on the flowers was the rage back then, not so popular today, but I still like it. As a matter of fact, I was with the bride yesterday for her baby naming ceremony of her second son. This image was prominently displayed at her parents home where the festivities were taking place. This image was a very spontaneous moment captured during the pre-wedding portrait series. Let me make a point here. Even though I say portrait series, the images I try to create aren't anything like the very stiff, posed images we used to see in wedding photography of days gone by. I strive for a comfortable, relaxed look from my client. This results in "portraits" that capture much more of the personality of the subject and are a wonderful addition to the wedding album. Camera specs; Fuji S-2 fitted with 50mm lens, F2.0 @ 1/750 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I like this image too and I still get clients asking me for color on B&W. At least for me, this look is still very popular

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this photo looks very familiar! I recently finished an online class at Kelby Training (I think it was Mastering Layers in Photoshop CS4) and I swear this photo was used for a wedding collage example. I remember I was struck by how the photographer really captured the joy of the bride and wondered who took the photo. Is this the same photo? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    tired *look* opinions aside (from what I can see the effect is still popular) I'm surprised that since you were there Post-Processing anyway, you didn't do something to draw a bit more attention to the bride's face from a luminosity standpoint. While I like her expression and the overall composition I think her face almost gets lost in the image in terms of eye-attraction.

    ReplyDelete