Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Hot Salsa"

Hot Salsa

"Hot Salsa"
©David A. Ziser

I think this image really speaks to the topic discussed in the following post.  It was dark, dark, dark, but I still captured a great image. Here is the back story. A few years ago on our last night in San Jose del Cabo Mexico, we headed to Morgan's restaurant, one   very nice restaurant in town.

We had a great dinner, but me - I had my brand new Canon 5D Mark II in tow. I decided to take portraits of each of us around the restaurant. Don't get me wrong - these were going to be really fast portraits - I didn't want to disturb the other diners.

I had to find the space, hit the composition, and light my subjects -  and it had to be done quickly, quietly, and very discreetly. This is one of those portraits.

It's a portrait of our friend Sarah Smith sitting in the stairwell leading to the second floor of the restaurant. It was really,REALLY dark and I had to add auxiliary lighting to illuminate Sarah. The additional lighting was from a very small pocket flash light I had with me which Kent held camera left.

Sarah’s easy believable pose adds to what I think is a great portrait. Look at the leading lines within the composition - all lines lead to our beautiful subject. The super warm tonalities just add a definite glow and warm feeling to the final result.

Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105 IS lens at 35mm, F4.0 @ 1/8 second, ISO 5000. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment