Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"A Very Special Evening"

Lady Of The Evening-

"A Very Special Evening"
© David A. Ziser

You read yesterday’s post – things were really moving quickly during our photography session at Saturday’s Bat Mitzvah.  I thought I had taken my last photograph when it occurred to me that I hadn’t photographed Hannah by herself among the splendor of the beautiful party room.

Nicholas quickly tracked her down and she graciously obliged us by returning for just a few more photographs. 2 1/2 minutes later I had the photographs I wanted.

These are always my favorites of the evening.  They are very dramatic portraits that befit this wonderful occasion.  Compositionally I want you to see how the curved lines of the chair tops lead your eye directly to Hannah.  In fact all the lines in the scene lead to our subject.

Lighting was from camera right, my Z-Ray held by my assistant placing the perfect loop lighting pattern on her face. I think we got a great portrait in a very short amount, 2 minutes,  of time.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F4.5 @ 1/15 second (handheld), IOS 1000.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment