Thursday, September 01, 2011

"Fashion Girl"

Hannah

"Fashion Girl"
© David A. Ziser

This is an composite image I’m working on for Hannah’s Bat Mitzvah that I’ll be photographing in just a few weeks.  The evening celebration has a fashion theme so we took several photographs of Hannah in multiple combinations of dresses for our project. This was one of my favorites.

We made the images in Hannah’s home, stripped out the background in Photoshop and added the other stylized elements and text to finish the presentation. 

Lighting was simple – my strobe on 1/4 power in “bare bulb” mode shooting through my Zumbrella.  The “bare bulb” mode allows a lot of light to splash around the room creating it’s own “fill light” on the scene. 

In order to raise the key of the warm beige colored walls (to make them appear as white), a second radio triggered shoe mount strobe in manual mode and at 1/4 power was placed behind Hannah with wide angle diffuser in place. That made it fairly easy for me to extract Hannah from the scene.

I thought is came out great! Now just 7 more to create for the party.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS les at 60mm, F8.0 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment