Wednesday, September 07, 2011

"Dancing In The Sun"

Dancing In The Sun

"Dancing In The Sun"
© David A. Ziser

The Las Vegas weather was perfect yesterday - not too hot, just 96 degrees, and even a slight breeze to make shooting outdoors quite pleasant.  After our shooting experience inside our tiny chapel, it was refreshing to be in the great outdoors.  Our location is fun to work in because of all the varied shooting options both indoors and outdoors.  Outdoors yesterday was really nice because the weather cooperated beautifully.

From the church entrance you can see our hotel,  Mandalay Bay in the background.  I thought it would make a great background for a fun photograph of our bride.  The challenge was making the liking work in the super bright sun.

First, I placed my 70-200mm IS on my camera and racked it out a bit. Doing that expanded the size of the hotel behind my subject giving me the rich golden colors for my background. Next, I was careful to keep the sun behind her so could keep her face in shadows and wouldn't  get any harsh light on her face.

All I had to do next was light her with my off-camera flash and shoot away.  After determining the correct exposure, I asked the bride to have some fun and shot away.  We landed on today's image.  Hope you like it.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 125mm, F16 @ 1/200 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment