Monday, September 19, 2011

"Her Right Of Passage"

0005 - Hannah post-11

"Her Rite Of Passage"
© David A. Ziser

This is one of the last photographs I made of Hannah at the pre-shoot on Friday.  I always like to get a few images of the young Bat Mitzvah alone in the beautiful sanctuary of the temple.  This particular temple has recently gone through several renovations and the new look provides a wonderful background for these wide-angle images.

My lens of choice for these images is most of the time, a very wide angle lens.  I just really like the way the wide lens treat the architecture of the space.

I positioned Hannah near the bottom left quadrant of the image to give balance with the rest of the interior space.  Lighting was from camera right through my Zumbrella with my Quantum flash at 1/8 power.  The flash exposure was balanced with the ambient to give me the warm tonal values.  I think this traditional “Ziser image” becomes a very dramatic portrait for this young 13 year old girl.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second,  ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment