Tuesday, September 06, 2011

"Under The Sea"

0001- Under The SeaIMG_8306-Edit

"Under The Sea"
© David A. Ziser

This is an image I made during my Kelby Training shoot a few months ago.  What was so great about the shoot was that all my images were non-bridal related.  The goal of the videos was to discover color and composition when designing an image.

It was really a refreshing shoot for me because I got to work in so many non-bridal locations like the Tampa Aquarium you see abpve.  The challenge is always the lighting in situations like this.  We had a very heavily lit background, the top lit water of the aquarium and fairly dimly lit surrounds.

I had my assistant bring my off camera flash in from camera left and give me my famous loop lighting on our model. For a bit of accent lighting, I placed a small radio triggered shoe mount flash on the floor out of camera range, camera right which added just a hint of illumination but still enough to give me the separation I needed to define the model even more within the scene. 

I left the rest up to Hope, our model, who obliged with some moves and her fabulous smile to help us “nail” the shot.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 16mm, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments: