Monday, September 05, 2011

Safe Arrival & Labor Day Musings

Good Morning Everybody,

Since it's Labor Day I'm keeping the post short and sweet today.  We arrived in Las Vegas late yesterday afternoon and were settled in by early evening.  We couldn't get a decently priced airfare for a Labor Day arrival plus I kick off Photoshop World with my Wedding Shootout tomorrow so we decided to come in a day early. 

Memphis airportIMG_9768-EditI have to say, we had a great flight out even with the layover in Memphis - Cincy has lost it's Delta hub status making about 50% of our flights with connections.  Still not to bad though. We landed in Memphis and were making our way to terminal B and I spotted an entire photo gallery display of the Memphis Who's Who.  I looked more closely and noticed that all of the photographs were taken by my good friend, Paul Skipworth.

I studied with Paul over 18 years ago when I was just getting my start in this profession.  Paul was always on my list as one of the best portrait photographers in the country. What a nice surprise to see so many of his fine portraits at the Memphis airport.

0001- WithersIMG_9771Then just as we were making the turn to head down toward Terminal B, I spotted a second photography display.  This time by one of the top civil rights photographers of our time, Earnest C. Withers.

You can see more of Mr. Withers amazing historical images right here.

One airport, two great photography displays. We checked in at Delta Gate 5 and found out that we got kicked up to the big seats for our 3 1/2 hour flight, nice…

Looks like today I'm working on my programs for Photoshop World - no hot dogs and grilled burgers for us today but a relaxing day nevertheless. Here’s to hoping my USA readers are enjoying a little R&R on this end of summer holiday.

_______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  I really do hope you get to spend some time with your loved ones today, I hope your weather is perfect, the burgers are grilled to perfection, the refreshments icy cold, and the homemade ice cream is as delicious as ever.

We'll be here all week at Photoshop World so I hope to see many of you throughout the week. Just come on up and say HI. 

See ya' tomorrow everybody.

David

1 comment:

  1. I really look forward to your weekly techniques session and the monthly video tutorials. Keep up the good work David. Thanks you so much.

    Keith G

    ReplyDelete