Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Sunset Serenade"

Sunset Serenade

"Sunset Serenade"
© David A. Ziser

I thought I'd post this wedding image from a few years ago. This image was taken early on after my foray into digital. I am always a big fan of the back-lit beach shot, especially when the sunset cooperates so beautifully as it did in this image.

I composed the image a bit differently than I normally do - I hardly ever tilt the camera - but choose to do so on this photograph so that the couple's shadows would exit the frame on a diagonal thereby adding what I call my "dynamic diagonals" to the image.

Here is the cool thing about this image - it was made with my Sigma 8mm fisheye on my Nikon D1x. Notice that there is no distortion of the horizon line. That's perfectly normal with a fisheye as long as you keep the horizon line "dead center" in the frame. The couple's distortion was minimized too by keeping them fairly close to the center of the frame as well. Just a little difference on their wedding day coverage.

Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with Sigma 8mm fisheye, F 8.0 @ 1/500 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

3 comments: