Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Putting A Hug On Dad"

"Putting A Hug On Dad"
©David A. Ziser

This image was part of the same portrait session which I featured in Monday's post, "Me and Mommy." There were a grand total of 10 kids in this large family group. As I mentioned two weeks ago in our Wednesday's post, "Booking, Shooting, and Selling the Family Portrait", I talk about breaking the groups down into smaller groups. That's exactly what happened here. I've got all the young man, the sons of the father, around dad that for nice family group. Once I knew that I had that shot, I always ask the entire group to give each other a great big group hug. You never know quite what might happen but it usually results in a great follow-up shot to the more traditional pose. I love what happened in this instance -- it is exactly what I was looking to capture. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm lens at 145mm, F4.5 @ 1/125 second, ISO 200.
Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. I would like to give a shout-out to that mom..

    ReplyDelete