Friday, June 19, 2009

"Flowing Beauty"

"Flowing Beauty"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I haven't seen for many, many years. I remember that the bride's father was a quite prominent doctor in the area and it was quite an honor to to be photographing his daughter's wedding. This image was made at the bride's parents home which was a stunning architectural masterpiece. I positioned the bride on the staircase slightly above the window. The reason I chose this position was because she would be looking down into the camera and I wanted the light from the window to be properly illuminating her face. By positioning her above the window meant that the light rays would stream in and highlight her face quite easily. Once again I was using my fisheye lens for the shot. Probably my favorite lenses at the time were my 40mm wide angle Distagon and my 30mm Fisheye on my Hasselblad. The wide-angle lenses easily accentuate the leading lines and lead the viewers eyes directly up the bride. I think what's interesting about this photograph is that even though I used the fisheye lens with it's inherent line bending properties, the effect was quite well disguised in this particular setting. The spiral staircase and the circular dome at the top did a good job in disguising the fisheye effect. There's only a slight hint that a fisheye was used on the left-hand side of the image. You'll notice a slight curve to the crown molding just under the second floor landing. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500 CM fitted with 30mm Distagon Fisheye lens, F5.6 @ 1/60 second, Kodak Vericolor 800 film (best recollection). Enjoy! – David

4 comments:

  1. That's a great shot David -
    So many killer ahapes & elements working together here, the lighting on the veil, angle, windows, etc. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best wedding shot I have ever seen.

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! WOW!


    --sandi miller
    Queen Creek, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really nice shoot! Like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete