Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Bubbles Are Us"

"Bubbles Are Us"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another great candid of the bride and groom exiting the church after the wedding and being welcomed by bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles everywhere. We usually take a series of images during the exit of the bride and groom, whether it include rice tossing or bubble blowing or balloon release....whatever. This was one of the best images from that exit sequence. I was at a fair distance from the couple and, as a result we had quite a few bubbles between me and the couple. The sun was coming in directly overhead, so I opted to use my on-camera flash to fill in the shadows and give a better exposure on the couple's faces. I think the result is a great fun candid and would be a welcome addition into any wedding album. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 105mm, F 7.1 @ 1/200 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi, David!
    I enjoyed the photo (though I think it could sell more if there wasn't a bubble in the groom's face!), but you raised more questions that I'd thought!
    I've learned one shouldn't use fill flash in these occasions, since it could cast the bubbles' shadows in the couple's face. Also, wouldn't that limit your (possible) burst? This is one time where I keep on getting bursts of photos, for as long as I can, so to get the best expression/alignment out of the couple/bubbles.
    Keep up the great work (and don't be sad for taking the 11th place in the ranking, this year - next year you'll be on the list)!

    Regards,

    Bruno

    ReplyDelete