Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I See You"

"I See You"
©David A. Ziser

This image was made several years ago for one of my best and favorite clients at the time. I actually photographed all three children for this family and have watched all the kids grow up. This was the first portrait session for the family about 20 years ago. My challenge was to photograph this playful little girl who, at the moment, did not want to be photographed. She was playing peek with me as you can see in this image. Another very interesting aspect about the shot was the fact that there's no furniture in the dining room. The client just moved into the home and all the furniture had not yet arrived. What I love about this photograph is all the empty space to the right side of the image. After I set up all my gear and was ready to go, I set out looking for my playful subject. As she peeked around the corner I pointed the camera at her composing with all the empty space in the image and shot away. I think the empty space together with her mischievous smile leads to a simple, playful, fun portrait which the little girl's mom loved. She ended up purchasing a 16 x 20 portrait of this particular image along with several more of the traditional portraits. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500 CM fitted with 150 mm Sonar lens, F5.6 @ 1/100 second Kodak Vericolor 400 film (best recollection). Enjoy! – David

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful image. Way to take the shoot to the client, if the client won't come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He estado mirando sus fotos y me gustan bastante. Un saludo

    ReplyDelete