Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"Look Into My Eyes"

"Look Into My Eyes"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image as part of a portrait session I did of this young man for his press kit. He was quite an impressive young man. He had been doing “stand-up” magic at one of the local malls in the area for the last few years and had been quite successful. He was only 17 when I took this photograph. He was planning to head off to college but still planned to pursue his magic career. I think his look that comes through in this image speaks to his success. His dark complexion and dark hair made a striking contrast with his bright white eyes – hence the title. The lighting was straight forward. I lit him with a Westcott Halo on my studio strobe which gave a very soft light on his face. Contrast was controlled by bouncing a bit of light off the back wall behind me to fill the shadows just barely for the shot. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 96mm, f14 @ 1/125 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lighting on his face, David. I also like your choice of the dark clothing and background.

    ReplyDelete