Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Light And Airy"

Airy-DSCF3447

"Light And Airy"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I just love mostly because it feels just like the title implies. This image was made in my early digital days when I was just getting the feel of the gear. The bride was beautiful and I really liked her very soft expression.

As I look at this image again, I find I like how she seems to be moving out of the frame creating the negative space to her right.  It makes the viewer’s eye want to “chase” here to that part of the frame drawing your attention to her even more.

The bride was illuminated with regular studio strobe shooting through a Westcott Halo light modifier - my favorite, by the way. I decided to convert the image to B&W and really push the mid-tones quite a bit lighter with Photoshop – This was a pre-Lightroom image ;~)

The bride's look, the curves of the veil, it’s delicate highlights, and the way she is holding the veil all complimented the high key look of the final image.

Camera specs; Fuji S-1 fitted with 24-135mm Tamron lens, F8.0 @ 1/90 second, ISO 320. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great post and info keep posting stuff like this.I really like it.

    ReplyDelete