Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One For The Road - The Low-down On Sharpening

So do you really know how to use Unsharp Mask? I have to say, I've been using Photoshop since version 5 and never really got the unsharp mask thing. Sure, I could always mess around with it and get pretty close to the result I wanted, but I always wanted to know more.

I wanted to know the science behind that filter, I wanted to know every intricacy of the settings and what they did. I wanted to know it all, no holds barred, just the facts, ma'am. Well, if you too have been losing sleep every night not knowing these life changing facts, this is your lucky day.

Head over to Photojojo.com and read the definitive description of this often misunderstood Photoshop filter. OK, all kidding aside, this is about the best article I've seen explaining Unsharp Mask. Give it a read right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment