Monday, November 16, 2009

Technique Tuesday: The Colors Of Beauty

Good Morning Everybody,

We had a good turnout in Las Vegas last night and are on our way to Hawaii in just a few minutes.  I still can’t believe it – only one city to go.

Yesterday I got a chance to prepare today’s Technique Tuesday episode which will help us in our run to the airport this morning.

LaDawn and I had completed three TTues episodes when we were in San Diego in August of this year.  All three focused on one of my favorite subjects – composition.

This third episode was made in a very noisy section of the Hilton Bayfront Hotel with guests walking through the shots, music playing in the  background, and lots of stray noises coming from everywhere.  Still, I think you will like the lesson.  Just keep your ears turned up to "high” and you should be able to catch it all ;~)  So, that said, let’s get on with today’s Technique Tuesday.

The Colors Of Beauty

The third episode never made it on-line until today.  In today’s episode I’ll show you how to use color and composition to take a very striking series of images of your subject.  I’ve even featured one of those images in my “image of the day” above.

If you missed the previous episodes, here are the links below:

Design Lines – Part 1 [link]

Design Lines – Part 2 [link]

The secret to great photographs, I was once told, was to “explore the location.”  That’s exactly what I’ll do in this tutorial.  Take note how much the simple changes in composition impact the perception and enjoyment of the final image.

The colors of this striking wall decor certainly add the excitement of these images too.  Yes, I did give the colors a slight tweak in Lightroom and Photoshop in order to get the finished image I wanted.  Anyway, hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

Hey gang, that’s it for today.  We’ve got to be heading to the airport shortly.  It’s a long flight to Hawaii with us landing about 6:30 p.m. – very late our time. 

I promise, we’ll be plenty rested for Wednesday 60th presentation on my DWUC tour.  Hey, you still have time to register.  See ya’ tomorrow. I may even present the program in shorts and my Hawaiian shirt;~)

Aloha, -David

1 comment: