Thursday, November 05, 2009

"Home Alone"

Home Alone "Home Alone"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image captured  during my Master Class last week.  I saw the expanse emptiness of the room, the warm colors, the larger chandelier and thought it might provide a perfect location for what I had in mind.  I positioned the bride in the middle of the room with all the space around her.  The space was further exaggerated with my use of the very wide angle lens. All lines seem to lead directly to the subject.  This is primarily a result of the wide angle optic. I illuminated the bride by bouncing my on-camera flash off the left wall. I really enjoy the finished result. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 10mm, F5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

p.s. Hey gang, we have a big drive as we head to Atlanta early this morning. So look for today's Business Day Thursday post a little later this afternoon.  -David

4 comments:

  1. Hey David, I just watched all your classes at kelbytraining.com, and what can I say: This is great stuff!!! Even though I'm not a wedding photographer at all, I'm gonna use a lot of your techniques for the portraits that I take. What I really appreciate about your tutorials and blog: You give your readers all the details, lighting setups, camera specs, ... That's exactly what I'm most interested in. Thanks so much for your great work!
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, You Rock! My husband and I really enjoyed your Class in Columbia SC...Needless to say B&H should LOVE us!! Thanks and we hope to see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David!

    I was at the Digital Wake Up Call in Atlanta last night and it was awesome! Thanks for sharing so much good, usable information with us! I only have a few regrets...that I left without taking advantage of some of the discounts available to us that night. Is there anyway to utilize the discounts now that it is over? Or maybe I will just have to come Monday night to buckhead...any extra discount for attending a second session?

    Can't blame me for asking:)
    Thanks again for sharing!

    Jessica Renwick
    j_renwick@charter.net

    ReplyDelete