Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"The Colors Of Beauty"

0002-The Color Of Beauty-0889-DZ_San Diego Z09-Edit "The Colors Of Beauty"
©David A. Ziser

I coerced LaDawn to be my model on this shot I made in conjunction with today’s tutorial. We did the shoot during our trip to San Diego in mid August of this year. The Hilton Bay Front hotel offered some great locations and backgrounds for some striking imagery.  The wall decor in this shot was one such location.  In this shot I really wanted to play off of the colors of the painting.  Although I shot it from many different angles this one was my favorite. I love how the colors just wash across the frame leading the viewer right to the subject.  Notice too how the light tonalities in the wall decor and the light backlit wall panels balance the scene with the subject at the pivot point of that visual balance. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 35mm, F5.6 @ 1/200 second, ISO 1600 (necessary for shooting the video segment of TTues episode.)  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment