Friday, November 20, 2009

"Morning Commute"

Morning Commute-IMG_2949 "Morning Commute" 
©David A. Ziser

I made this image just a few hours ago as we headed down to the beach for our own morning commute.  The morning light was just beginning to show itself over Diamond Head offering a soft , simple background for this shot.  When I cropped in close topping the palm trees I really liked the very simple composition of the tree trunks against the sky.  Their reflections in the water pool in the foreground added a visually balanced aspect to the frame.  As I was composing the shot, a morning jogger entered the scene.  I made a few shots of him as he passed through the frame. A few minutes later, the traffic started to pick up a bit.  This was the shot I was looking for - the three individuals passing through this very simple “three tree” composition.  The lack of the palm frawns simplifies the shot even more so the the focus is completely on the "commuters".  I have to admit, I had the camera on "P" for "Professional" but I still love the shot. Hey, it's all about capturing the "decisive moment"  so said Henri Cartier-Bresson. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm lens at 100mm, F7.1 @ 1/250 second, ISO 640.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Great shot David. Nothing wrong with P for professional. We don't pay all this cash for cameras with auto focus, exposure, scene, iso, etc. for nothing! If anything, this speaks volumes for the 7D. The sky and ocean are wonderfully exposed and the three people are dark, but not quite silhouetted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the composition in this image. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete