Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"First Light Over Stone Mountain"

First Light Over Stone Mountain-Stone Mtn IMG_2456-Edit

"First Light Over Stone Mountain" 
©David A. Ziser

This is the scene that presented itself outside our hotel window yesterday morning about 6:00 a.m.  It was incredibly beautiful.  I grabbed the camera, set the ISO to 800 and shot away. Wow, that was a long exposure.  I reset the ISO to 3200 and reshot the image – still a pretty long exposure.  I was hoping image stabilization would work it’s magic and it did.  After seeing the image on the LCD screen, I was amazed with all the blue tonalities in the scene.  The sun’s rays had not yet washed the blue tones away and as a result, I captured this great range of warm and cool contrasts and tones in the image.  I finessed it a bit in Lightroom, but for the most part, yesterday’s sunrise looked pretty much like you see it here – just gorgeous.  Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F5.6 @ 1/8 second (handheld), ISO 3200. Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post David, I live near there and it's a great site. The view of Stone Mountain is really great up close too, try it some time. Anyway I was at the seminar monday night for my first time seeing you all and really enjoyed it. Thanks Again!
    -Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot David! Thanks for the great seminar last night!
    -Bill Lott

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a beautiful inspiring image!

    ReplyDelete