Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"The Wild Blue Yonder"

0001-Saga Pics-IMG_2810

"The Wild Blue Yonder" 
©David A. Ziser

I am such a "sucker" for these 30,000 feet vistas. That was the case here as we made our way from Las Vegas to Las Angeles yesterday in what turned out to be one of the longest travel days of our lives. I love using a long focal length to catch the mist and fog in the distance of the hills.  I love too the varying tonalities the hills and mountains take on as they recede into the distance.  This is pretty much how the image presented itself to me yesterday.  I tweaked the colors and contrasts just a bit in LR3 Beta.  Boy, do I hate LR3 Beta's new import functionality. The subtleties of color, tone, and contrasts in this monochromatic image imply a simple feeling of peace and tranquility - at least to me.  I love how the image turned out.  Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 180mm, F14 @1/1600 second, ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. I'll bite... why do you hate LR3 Beta's import functionality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I agree. The import functionality of LR3 beta is a contradiction in terms. It is counter intuitive, clumsy and wasteful of drive space.

    ReplyDelete