Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Digital ProTalk Update: We’re Bound For Europe

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Amalfie CoastI'm back - but still busy as ever.  Today is the BIG day - LaDawn and I are heading to Europe for two months.  Yep, you heard me right - two months.  Our travels will take us to Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Spain.

Yes, we are mixing business with pleasure.  We'll travel for about ten days before we catch up with Clay Blackmore for our week-long Italy Workshop.  Looks like we just may schedule another workshop for next year  ;~)   After the workshop, we plan to continue our travels throughout Italy and I’m excited to be leading my Scott Kelby Sunset Photo Walk in Rome on October 13.

Celebrety Equinox

On the 15th of the month we board a cruise ship for a 12 day tour of the Mediterranean which includes Greece and Turkey.  Then it's back to Rome for a few more days.  I am also scheduled to speak in Spain the week following our cruise.  We're going to head up to Barcelona, Spain for a few days and then over to Madrid for their conference the following weekend.  After a few more days in Spain, it's back home for a few weeks before we get the travel bug and head off again.

You can be sure that DigitalProTalk will be rich in photographs for the next several weeks.  I'll plan to post regularly with the posts leaning toward color, composition, technique, and gear.  So stay tuned!

Nevertheless, LaDawn and I plan to take the time off to relax, see the sights, read, write, blog, teach, and soak up the culture from all the locations we plan to visit.  This really is a once in a lifetime trip and we are really looking forward to the adventure. 

The Challenge Of Preparing For A Long Trip

5-AMPreparing for this lengthy trip has been challenging to say the least.  The biggest challenge has been queuing up all the work in process to be sure all orders are delivered in a timely manner to our clients.  Sure, we'll have staff standing by to keep the wheels rolling at the studio and I'm planning to stay in touch via email and Skype.  Technology sure makes staying connected a bit easier these days.

LaDawn and I have been up since 5 a.m. most mornings putting in one final push to get all the projects wrapped before we head out in just  a few minutes.  We're putting a few things on the back burner till we return but we we should have most things caught up by the time we leave again.  I have to tell you, I am looking forward to climbing on that plane, hitting the recline switch on the seat, and ordering an adult beverage - whew!!!

DigitalProTalk Update

I'm really hoping that once we get on the road I'll be able to get back to regular blogging at DigitalProTalk. It's going to be an adjustment in the different time zones but, I suspect that once were in the travel groove that everything will fall into place. Here's a few things upcoming at DigitalProTalk that you can look forward to .

Canon 600 TX – RT Speedlight Update:

600 EX-RTI've been doing a lot of work with these cool new strobes and have been formulating an appropriate way for me to get the best use out of them. Watch for my report in upcoming posts. I'll be covering these items:

  • Single on camera flash usage
  • Multiple speed lights set up
  • How to get the best use out of the separate radio transmitter
  • High speed flash sync
  • Suggested shooting applications

The Ziser Wedding Series: Experiencing The Complete Wedding Weekend

Wedding Series Part 6A few months ago I started my series, the live wedding shoot. I have six episodes posted so far and, once we’re on the road I'll be able to get several more episodes posted for you. You can find the first seven episodes listed below.

Part 1: [linkDo Something Special For Your Clients

Part 2a: [link] Creating Cool Slide Shows For Your Clients – Part 1

Part 2b: [link] Creating Cool Slide Shows For Your Clients – Part 2

Part 3: [linkChecking In With My Clients

Part 4: [linkRehearsal Coverages

Part 5: [linkExposure, Getting It Right

Part 6 [link]: To Light Or Not To Light - That Is the Question

________________________________________________________________

Hey folks, that’s it for me today. We are still going about 1,000,000 miles an hour  trying to get all of our loose ends wrapped up. I wish we had another day or two before we needed to board the plane but that just isn't the case. So I better get my nose back to the grindstone to be sure we’ve got everything wrapped and packed.

Have a great rest of the day and I'll see you on the other side of the big pond.

David

1 comment: