Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Technique Tuesday: The Ziser Wedding Series: Experiencing The Complete Wedding Weekend – Part 5

Good Morning Everybody,

ShoesHey gang, I found a new way to walk and chew gum at the same time.  Well, not chew gum but blog at the same time. I just picked up a brand-new Sony IC voice recorder its model number SX712 and works really great with Dragon Naturally Speaking. Some people might not like using Dragon Naturally Speaking because it puts you in a different frame of thought than when actually typing the words.  I found that issue early on that when I tried to adapt Dragon Naturally Speaking to writing my first book and blogging but now I have things worked out pretty well and I use both more and more.

Sony RecorderThe voice recorder is great for getting my ideas down right now. And, Dragon Naturally Speaking does a decent job of transcribing those notes especially if you take the time to train the software occasionally. Now, the fact of the matter is this.  If I just type the words directly into the computer, I generally will have better “wordsmithed” paragraphs.  But, at least getting my ideas and my thoughts down with the Sony digital recorder and then transcribing them still makes it fairly easy for me to clean them up for the final blog post.

The nice thing I like about the Sony voice recorder is the fact that I'm not tethered to my computer.  When I have an idea occur to me I can just grab the recorder and make my quick notes. I have to say, after using it for about 5 days, I love my new voice recorder and sure look forward to finding about million other uses for it down the road. It’s quite the production enhancer. Okay, time to get for post for today.

The Ziser Wedding Series: Experiencing The Complete Wedding Weekend – Part 5

Welcome to another Technique Tuesday today. That's right I'm getting another Technique Tuesday up on Tuesday!  Actually today’s post is an extension/continuation of my video blog post from yesterday.  In today’s video I'll walk you through the rest of the rehearsal set up and my photography of my recent wedding I did in northern Michigan.

Our main challenge during the rehearsal shoot were a lot of lighting issues which I knew I had to fix either in camera or in Lightroom 4 after the fact. As I walk you through the images today I’ll also talk with you about what was going on in my mind at the time and what I was trying to capture during the event coverage.

Actually, I think that's probably the most important aspect of this video series. It's sort of a peek into my mind, my “photographer’s brain” when I'm out there shooting. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, this series seems to be taking on a life of its own and seems to continue to grow and expand.  Who knows where it will end up ;~)

I think that's a good thing. I hope you find it interesting and informative and will follow along. So, with that said, why not hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

_________________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today. It's back to the book writing for me plus tidying up a few other loose ends around here. Then, we pack our bags tomorrow and head the New Orleans first thing Thursday morning. Hope to see you soon.

Adios, David

1 comment:

  1. David I'm loving this series, especially since I'm a "Michigan" resident. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to that new book :)

    ReplyDelete