Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"The Jewel Of Cinque Terre"

0001- VernazziDAZ_0737-Edit

"The Jewel Of Cinque Terra"
©David A. Ziser

I could not believe this view as we began our decent to the other side of the mountain (heading towards Vernazza) while on our trek yesterday between Monterosso and Vernazza Italy, two of the six small towns included in the Cinque Terre region.  We had hiked about 2 hours from Monterosso and finally, tired, sweaty, week kneed, and somewhat wet and muddy we spotted Vernazza in the distance.  It was just like in the movies where they show these tiny little towns carved into the mountains.  The we were, in person, seeing the same site - it was magical!

The clouds began clearing from the rain showers that came throughout day.  The sun was beginning to shine through making the exposure quite a challenge.  I didn't want to miss opportunity to capture the full essence of the wonderfully beautiful scene and opted to puts the camera in HDR mode.  After doing so I clicked off a few shots to check my final exposure.  This image was the final result - and image that for me, takes my breath away!

Camera specs:  Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Canon 24-105 IS lens at 45mm, f5.6 @ 1/800 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  - David

2 comments:

  1. I am always curious about the exposure setting photographers choose. Why ISO 800 at 1/800 second, rather that ISO 400 at 1/400 or ISO 200 at 1/200 second? With the IS lens at 45mm, I imagine that going down to 1/200 second would be blur free. And, with enough light, I figure a lower ISO would offer a richer image.

    PS. I do appreciate that your blog is one of the few that provides exposure settings for a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't say thank you every day. But I should.

    ReplyDelete