Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Just Breezin' By The Bridge

Breezin By The Bridge_thumb[5]

"Just Breezin' By The Bridge"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image at a seminar a few years ago.  We captured many great images during that shooting session but this one with the wide-angle lens is one of my favorites.

The setting sun and the wide angle view certainly adds to the dramatic feeling of the photograph.  But also look at my composition. Look at the bride's positioning in the frame. The fact that she was placed forward in the composition adds to the visual interest of this image. It almost seems as if the bridge is pushing her into the viewer's eyes.

Lighting was accomplished with my off-camera flash coming in from the right to give me the loop lighting pattern on the subject's face. I cheated the sync so I could manipulate the sky darker than usual to add the dramatic impact.  The puff of wind at the moment of the exposure was an added bonus.

Camera specs Canon 40D. fitted with 10–22mm, F8 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! – David

2 comments:

  1. David, i really love this image! It has a dreamy, dark feel about it. The landscape could come right out of the lord of the rings! I also like the high contrast of light and shadow on the bride, it makes the image pop!
    The composition is also ok, but i do notice my eye getting drawn down the road into the woods. I don't really like the over-saturation of the blue sky, but that's a personal matter. But i have a technical question: why would you cheat the sync, when you're shooting at iso 200? You could easily drop the iso and increase the power on the flash, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's like angel

    http://www.premium-login.com/

    ReplyDelete