Thursday, December 08, 2011

"Shadow Play"

0001- Shadow PlayIMG_2820

"Shadow Play"
©David A. Ziser

A simple, easy photograph that makes good use of lines - horizontal, vertical, and diagonal along with the implied textures of the shadow play of the thatch like roof above. It was made while taking a short tour of one of the golf clubs in Cabo.

I played with the interpretation both as B&W and color and prefer the B&W rendition.  I softened the shadows even more to give the image an even softer quality.

I love photographing this kind of subject matter when we’re visiting Mexico.  It’s so different than what we’re used to seeing in the Midwest especially at this time of year.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens 200mm, F5.6 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. This is my kind of Photograph! I love the interplay of light and shadow as they impact abstractions of reality.

    ReplyDelete