Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Reach For The Sky”

0001-Cincy 2010 Photo Walk-0023-DZ_Cincy Photowalk Z10-Edit-2

"Reach For The Sky”
©David A. Ziser

I’m a big fan of shooting “up” when touring any big city downtown location.  This day was no exception.  We had a bright, clear day sky which served as a brilliant backdrop for this cityscape.  I carefully blocked the sun’s direct rays with the tree you see in the foreground. I also like the touch of nature among the concrete buildings.

The wide angle lens really accentuates the buildings’ climb to the sky. One thing that fascinates me with the image are the contrasting colors and shapes in the scene.  I enhanced those colors with a tweak or two in Lightroom. For me, it’s just a fun visual of the urban landscape.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm lens at 8mm, F18 @1/500 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment