Monday, January 11, 2010

"Sea Mist's Embrace"

See Mist Embrace1

"Sea Mist's Embrace"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I posted in the early days of the DPT blog, again without the back story and exposure info.  I only have a few of these images to review.  Once complete, our DPT readers will have all the info on all the images ever posted at DigitalProTalk.  By the way, that's over 625 images.  Anyway, this image was made in La Jolla, California back in my film days while I was teaching a week long class.  I have to say, I love teaching on the west coast - the geography and the locations can be breathtaking.  I was shooting with my fisheye lens and loved how it contoured the water's edge for this image.  I remember nearly slipping into the ocean because of the very slick algae growing on the rocks where I was trying to capture the shot. Notice how all the lines lead right up to the bride and groom.  The choice of lens was a big reason.  With the couple positioned in the top right quadrant of the image, I achieved a nice visual balance in the scene that resulted in a pretty cool wedding image. The touch of backlighting on the couple completed my composition. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500CM camera fitted with 30mm Distagon Fisheye lens, F5.6 @ 1/250 second, Kodak Vericolor 400 film. Enjoy!  -David

3 comments: