Friday, November 14, 2008

"The Final Rehearsal"

"The Final Rehearsal"
© David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made last Friday of my young Bar Mitzvah. He is rehearsing his Torah readings one last time before Saturday - the big day. I have to say, I really like how the image is presented with the fisheye lens. The way it makes the Torah so prominent in the composition speaks to its importance in the Jewish faith. The curved lines created by the Fisheye lens also effectively brings the center of interest directly to our subject. Not everybody is a fan of the fisheye effect - I happen to be a big fan when it's used appropriately. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye, F 5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. David,
    Loved the shot with the fisheye. I feel as you do that the fisheye effect added emphasis to the two main subjects of the photograph. I enjoy coming to your site daily to both see your wonderful images and to continue my education. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into your posts.
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pic David. I am from India and a regular reader of your blog. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and posting photographs so frequently. I would love to work with you someday and get a first hand experience of learning from you! Thanks - Vineet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one rarely like the fisheye look, but I do appreciate it here for the reasons you stated.

    Thanks for sharing you shots and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete